Twitter and fb

Have you seen us on Twitter @PODogDooDoo? You might be on our Tweets page! We're also on facebook.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

#ScoopThatPoop Poetry Contest

This month's #ScoopThatPoop blog hop is a poetry contest, featuring poems about dog poo.  Mine is entitled, "It's Getting Dark" and I'll save my disclaimers for the end.


It's Getting Dark


It's getting dark

I want to stay out and play,
but slowly
the world gets darker.

I stepped in the smelly dirt
and Baba helped me wipe it in the grass.

He showed me how to wash my hands in a rain puddle
and hang from the monkey bars.

Before everything got fuzzy we went to the park all the time
but now we see the doctor more
and Mama cries

but I still can feel the warmth of the sun.




The poem was a bit melodramatic.  I want you to be able to put your own meaning to the words before I explain what I had in mind, so at some later date I'll share more about what I was going for.  I in no way mean to trivialize anyone's experience with this subject, and I myself have not experienced this.

Take a look at some of the other entries in the poetry contest.  Most seem more lighthearted than It's Getting Dark, and there are lots of pictures of cute dogs to look at.

1 comment:

  1. PAWsome. Golden Glad you connected with us and joined our #ScoopThatPoop Poop Poetry. Just followed you on Twitter and will LIKE your FB soon. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete