Twitter and fb

Have you seen us on Twitter @PODogDooDoo? You might be on our Tweets page! We're also on facebook.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hobart Street Woods in Quincy, MA

A sign posted at Hobart Street Woods, Quincy, Massachusetts.  Taken October 21, 2013

I found this sign while riding my bike with my son.  We were riding along, exploring some of the side streets that we pass but never use, and I noticed a large, fenced-in wooded area.  We did a loop around it and I stopped on Belmont Street to get this picture.  While I was there a woman who lived across the street was going in her house and she asked me what I was doing.  I stuttered for a little bit while I tried to figure out how I was going to respond, and eventually told her it was an internet thing, and that we put pictures of "clean up after your dog signs" on the internet.  She stopped caring the second I said it was an internet thing, and warned me several times about the poison ivy that was all around where I was.  There is a sidewalk-width patch of grass and brush just outside the fence, and the woman told me that lots of people walk their dogs there and she always warns them about the poison ivy.  "It's all over there" she told me, perhaps to keep people from loitering near her property.  She definitely thought we were weird.

I looked it up on google maps and discovered it's called the Hobart Street Woods.  We circled it once and didn't see any way in; it seems to be just an area of woods that's completely fenced in.  I'll have to investigate it further another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment